Monday, June 15, 2009

Why Blog?

Elder Ballard taught at BYU Hawaii in December 2007:


“We cannot stand on the sidelines while others, including our critics, attempt to define what the Church teaches,” he said.
“While some conversations have audiences in the thousands or even millions, most are much, much smaller. But all conversations have an impact on those who participate in them. Perceptions of the Church are established one conversation at a time.”

Participation in online conversations about the church can happen as you follow and provide comments on blogs dedicated to issues related to church doctrine and policy or other blogs that make statements regarding issues that relate to your principles, values and faithful views.


"For me personally, blogging helps me to be more aware and alert of my surroundings because I'm always looking for something to blog about. I notice people and their interactions more, I pay more attention to the little details of my day to day, and when I pause for a moment to really evaluate a situation I'm better able to find the humor in it. Regular blogging also gives me an outlet to express my thoughts and feelings on various subjects or ideas, where I wouldn't normally take the time to express them." --Natalie, a faithful blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment